At Translator in London we are committed to safeguarding the privacy of those who contact us; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
· information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us;
· information that you provide to us for the purpose of requesting a quotation or hiring our translation or interpreting services.
· information that is included in the source documents you provide to us for translation purposes.
· information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services or email notifications.
2. USING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use your personal information to:
· enable your use of the services available on the website;
· send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
· carry out translations of official documents where personal information should be included.
· issue quotations and invoices directly addressed to you.
· post hard copies of certified translations upon your request to your address of preference.
· deal with enquiries made by or about you relating to our services through our website, social media platforms (i.e. Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter), through text messages, WhatsApp messages, and/or email.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
· to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
· in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
· in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
4. SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Data transmission over the internet/ post is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet/ by post.
You are responsible for keeping your personal details confidential.
Please note that we will store copies of the certified translated documents for three years for post-certification surveillance purposes unless you explicitly make a different request in writing.
5. POLICY AMENDMENTS
6. YOUR RIGHTS
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity.
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes by email at any time. In practice, we will not send marketing messages to our clients and we may only contact them once or twice a year as a follow-up after they have hired our services.
7. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
For any questions regarding the above policies or about the way we deal with your personal information, please contact us by email and notify us of your preferences in writing.
©Translatorinlondon April, 2018. All rights reserved.